HABITAT FOR HUMANITY NOVA SCOTIA
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY (the “Release”) signed on ____________(date) 2019, by _______________________________ (the “Volunteer”) in favour of HABITAT FOR HUMANITY NOVA SCOTIA, a Canadian non-profit corporation and its directors, officers, employees, and agents.
The volunteer desires to participate at the build or ReStore and the activities related to the project. The volunteer understands that the activities may include but are not limited to the following:
This agreement witnesses that for good and valuable consideration, including the acceptance of the application for the undersigned to participate at a Habitat for Humanity build site or ReStore, the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the volunteer does hereby freely, voluntarily and without duress execute this release under the following terms:
1. WAIVER AND RELEASE: The volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Habitat for Humanity Nova Scotia and their successors and assigns, directors, officers, employees, contractors, affiliates, representatives of Habitat for Humanity (collectively the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the volunteer’s participation in volunteering on the build due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation negligence by the Releasees.
The volunteer understands that this release discharges the Releasees from any liability or claim that the volunteer may have against the Releasees with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, property damage, and other loss that may result from the volunteer’s participation on the build. The volunteer also understands that the Releasees do not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance.
2. MEDICAL TREATMENT: The volunteer does hereby release and discharge the Releasees from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid treatment, or service rendered in connection with the volunteer’s participation at the. The volunteer understands that she/he is responsible for securing appropriate insurance coverage.
3. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: The volunteer understands that volunteering on the build or ReStore may include activities that may be hazardous to the volunteer and that the food, accommodation and medical facilities may be donated to the Releasees and are beyond the control of the Releasees.
The volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk or harm in their activities and releases the Releasees from all liability from injury, death, property damage, and other loss resulting from the activities of the volunteer’s participation on the build or ReStore.
The Releasees retain the right to limit or prohibit participation of the volunteer in the activities if the Releasees determine that such participation will not be in the best interests of the
Releasees or the volunteer. The volunteer understands that s/he will be responsible for the payment of any expenses incurred as a result of application of this section.
4. PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASES: The volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto the Releasees all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by the Releasees while volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Nova Scotia.
5. OTHER: The volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the country of Canada, and that this release shall be governed by and be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the country of Canada. The volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such a clause shall not otherwise affect the remaining provision of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the volunteer has executed this Release as of the day and year for above written.
Can only be completed by those 18 and over. If you are 16 or 17 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build Safety Video: